April 10, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I am wanting to take a childbirth educators course, but I had no idea there are so many different places I can certify through. I would love to become a certified Bradley Method instructor, only problem you have to attend a workshop. Normally that would not be a problem at all, but all the workshops are in the United States. I do not have the time nor the money to go to California or Washington, even if it would be an amazing experience. They also strongly recommend your husband attend the workshops with you. Unfortunately my husband's work would not allow for that much time away and the times that he is allowed to take vacation there are no courses being offered, go figure.

So, here I am researching all the other courses that I can take. Its a difficult decision because there are so many great places out there. I need to figure out what company fits my philosophy of birth and what company do I feel can offer me the best education. After tonnes of research and many hours soul searching, I have decided on my top three possibilities.


1. Birthing From Within
2. Internation Birth and Wellness Project (Also known as Association of Labor Assistants and Childbirth Educators.)
3. Aviva Institute

I am unsure which course I am going to take, luckily there is no reason for me to make a split-second decision. I am going to take time to think and reflect on my options. I know I am going to make the best decision for me, my family and my future students.

1 comment:

  1. good luck! I am sure whatever you decide will work out!

    ReplyDelete